Friday, September 4, 2009

Eat, Pray, Love

It seems the older I get (or is it the more
pregnant I am? Maybe the more kids I have? Or would it be the more o r g a n i z e d I get?) the slower I become. Yes, yes, I am a ripe old age of 23 and I'm slowing down. This book I just read Eat, Pray, Love typically would have taken me 3 days. Uhhh, I've been working on it for a bit more than that. Although I am happy that that is the way it worked out because i loved it. and I miss it. You know how good books can be great friends. All you want is more, more, more? But instead the last page comes and you may laugh, may cry, may just leave with a smile, but the next morning rolls around a you're sure that you're missing a piece of you? Yes, well, Liz Gilbert, tomorrow will be a day that calls for Prozac in my Wheaties. My how I'll miss that book.

So, this may be my grieving process, but more likely it is my recommendation. Read this book. Elizabeth Gilbert is honest, relatable, and laugh-out-loud funny. But wise. Not pushy, though. Just somethin' good to chew on for a while.

1 comment:

  1. I finished this book a month or so ago and felt the same way!!! Oh I LOVED it!!! I identified so clearly with this author that I really did cry a tiny bit when it was all over... So very excellent.

    ReplyDelete