Thursday, November 19, 2009

Care Packages For Soldiers



There are a lot of people I know who for the Holiday Season give to those in need whether it be by financially donating, volunteering at a soup kitchen, or receiving a name from an organization of a less fortunate person or family with their wish (or need) list. If you are thinking about doing this, don't forget those who are serving our country!! My brother is in Iraq right now and he said so many men and women don't get care packages. That is unbelievable to me! Imagine serving overseas and not getting any sort of pick-me-up. Don't forget our troops!

It used to be that you could get a name, or label a care package "Any Soldier." That has since stopped for security reasons. However, I'm sure you can go to a local church or organization and request someone's name and address via word of mouth. I also found some websites that you can donate money for care packages to be sent.

If you can get a name and send a package yourself, here are some things to include:
-a letter
-energy bars
-energy drinks
-calling cards
-appropriate entertainment (like a recent movie release, book, cd..)
-the necessities (that we take for granted) like toothbrush, baby wipes (apparently that's a biggie), tylenol.
-Beef jerky
-junk food

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this. I agree that every soldier should receive something. When Joe was there my family had an actual
    "package schedule" to try and make sure him and his guys received something about once a week. We are currently mobilizing for Dan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. I want that adorable little baby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kiera, you'll have a little care package coming to YOU soon, because you just won the little honey spinner giveaway on my blog :)
    Congrats! Email me with your shipping address ASAP. XO, Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  4. The recessed lighting is placed in no particular order, and seems random throughout the space. Within one side of the restaurant, pendent lighting is used in booth areas, which gives more light to this section. thank you for the good efforts

    ReplyDelete