Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thanksgiving Countdown (Cranberry Sauce)

My peeps: I'm gonna let you in a family recipe. Or at least that is what I thought until my mom told me otherwise. For as long as I can remember, we've had this stuff at Thanksgiving dinner. The aroma when you make it is nearly unbearable. You might think you died and made it to heaven. Here goes it:

Cranberry Sauce
1 Large Package of Raspberry Jello
1 large bag of cranberries (usually 12 or 16 oz), sorted
1 orange with rind, seeds removed
1 cup of sugar

  1. Make Jello according to package
  2. In a food processor or blender, grind the cranberries and orange with rind . Add the sugar and let dissolve.
  3. When the Jello starts to congeal, incorporate cranberry mixture into the Jello.
  4. Put mixed Jello into a mold (which my mom does not do) or a glass bowl because "the color is absolutely gorgeous."
Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment