I've been battling this terrible cold/sinus infection this week. And it's all in my face. Literally. Like, my teeth and cheeks and sinuses. My sinuses feel like they're bleeding and I haven't been able to smell or taste now for going on four days.
So basically, I've been knocked off my feet by this cold. I've been sleeping wonky hours with wonky dreams and I've been a good for nothing.
It's Mr Incredible's birthday and I've been a useless crank. With no gifts to bear. And I'm asking him to pick up his own champagne and cheesecake tonight or else we'll be eating frozen fat free cool whip with chocolate sauce. Again.
Since I don't have a wrapped present (skiing?) and I'm too lazy to find my passport (I lost my driver's license a LONG time ago. I've been buying booze with my passport. But THAT picture will be for another day.) I'll do bullet points. Since I never quite surpassed third grade language arts that taught putting thoughts in paragraph. Ehhhh, we all have our fortes. And misgivings, no?
I know I give you a hard time, nettle, tease, irk, pick on et cetera et cetera ET CET.ERA. on this blog. Honestly, on one day of each year I will admit to you that it is probably PROBABLY me projecting my own inadequacies on you. Yes, that's right. I'm most like the annoying one with a bad sense of humor and maybe even a little bit of a nag.
But we're not here to focus on THAT.
Friends, if you need a lesson in love, learn in from Incredible himself. Somehow every virtue comes alarmingly (<-- shoot I did again.) natural to him. So men, take notes. Women, get green.
- He always leaves the last bite of anything that I like for me. That's a biggie, guys.
- If I ask for a washcloth (then get annoyed because he's taking SO LONG) he always brings it warm/hot
- He lets me make decisions. For a million different reasons that is love. (I'm very indecisive)
- He supports any decision I make, even if it's a bad one and he knows it
- He tells me I'm not fat every time I ask, approximately three times a day.
- Even when I'm pregnant and 200 pounds he tells me I'm beautiful (at that point I don't ask if I'm fat anymore)
- He's got outrageously awesome work ethic. Something unbeknownst to me.
- He's a spectacular dad. He built that playground for the girls with his own two hands (see below)
- He never yells are rarely fights with me. (even though who doesn't love drama?)
- He likes argyle sweaters.
- There's a million more things, but my last brain cell came out when I blew my nose.
Mr Incredible, I'll love you until the oceans turn to yogurt.