Thursday, August 27, 2009

Welcoming Fall

I'm really quite sure that I willed fall to arrive. It was official this morning when we put on sweatshirts for breakfast. If that's not telling, then you live in the Arctic.
I had a great day. Mr. Incredible gave me a much needed (and deserved) break. He stayed with the girls while I was supposed to meet up with two friends for breakfast. Plans didn't quite happen and someone (or everyone) was at the wrong place at the wrong time. I'll tell you what- nothing mends miscommunication and disappointment like a good book. (Stay tuned so I can finish the book and hopefully recommend it.)
I am not one to carry books around with me because I know that for my life it would not be realistic. Why did I today? I'm not sure. But my guess would be that my subconscious just knows when it's fall time. It beats carrying around an LLBean back backpack with my initials on it and a case of Oscar Meyer sticking out the front pocket.
In any case, abandoning housework, reading my book, and coffee and breakfast being served to me was a glorious way to start my day.
It only got better when I realized that the cool morning air was not a tease. I welcomed autumn with spaghetti and meatballs and Josh Groban. Try it sometime. Especially if you use this recipe. It is super simple, and super delicious. Not to mention that it makes plenty for leftovers and to freeze. And the leftovers are even better then next day. Don't make me need to convince you more, please.
Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment