Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody

I need a computer dweeb, quick.  Dweeb is not offensive, it's endearing.  Now someone go get me a computer dweeb.

If you've been obsessively checking my blog in the past 24 hours like I obsessively check some of yours, you know that the blog templates have been beaten and thrown to the ground.  Then rebeaten then trampled on.  And guess what?  Naught without labor.  Or naught with labor.  Because it's NOT doing what I tell it to and shabbyblog I swear to the stars if you don't let me take your backgrounds off my blog I will singlehandedly html you until you cry.

So.  Can someone help me?  I'm a technological idiot.  Or can you direct me to where to go!?  I'm pulling out my hair when I should be writing sweet posts about doll heads and iced coffee.
kthanks.

10 comments:

  1. I used to have those same kind of issues with the free backgrounds...I don't have any real advice except I would just fiddle with it until it worked...probably not what you want to hear I know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm with cee... i don't have any real answers. i usually just mess around (not sexually) with the stuff until i get what i want.

    blogger randomly signs me out and changes the format of my blog. it's like really bad black magic or voodoo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.blogaroozer.com/
    This is where I went to get mine and the tabs on the side help you figure out problems along the way. Also... walk away and come back again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that image. I think I do that daily.

    And sorry Charlie, I am no help either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know nothing about Blogger. I think you should switch to WordPress and then I can help you all the time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know how to help either! Wish I did. I know HTML and that's how I mess around with my blog. They dont' make it easy, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate computers, says a fellow blogger! Wish I could help....! P.S. Have you ever heard the song in Napoleon Dynamite when Kip sings "I love technology"....which, I'm sure, is NOT a song you could relate to at the moment, but will make you laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i had the same problem trying to get my old background to go away. and i am not even sure of how i finally got rid of it. serious messing around time. and many days of a not pretty blog land.

    sorry, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you are up and running now, but let me know if you need anymore help. I opened my second blog on blogger vs wordpress in an attempt to master them both! I haven't quite done that, but I've learned a trick or two... I'd be happy to help if I can.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't use the free blog templates.

    Go to your DASHBOARD and scroll down to the bottom tabs and from TOOLS AND RESOURCES select BLOGGER IN DRAFT.

    Once there click on DESIGN.
    Then select TEMPLATE DESIGNER
    It's new feature and very easy to play with. You get to choose your own background, template, number of columns--even the size of your columns and on advanced you get to control the font on every single item on your blogger. It's confusing at first, but after a while you'll get it. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete