Monday, May 10, 2010

New Leaf

First things first.  Hello 3 column minima template sans ShabbyBlog background.  Welcome.  I'll be honest.  I never really ever actually notice anyone else's template/background/layout unless it's really rockin'.  AAalmost never.  So I really don't expect that you've ever noticed mine.  BUT isn't it beautiful?  My technologically, beautiful, smart smart savvy smart cousin figured out my html hell I was in.  I am SO excited.  When I asked Mr Incredible to look at my "new blog" he said, "was. it. the. chad?"?   Um no.  New layout.  Not blog post title.  But you might have never seen the old one.  And that's cool (kinda).

So speaking of Mr Incredible and all his incredible-ness, he is starting an accelerated (I told you he's above average) school program.  Basically it's four years of school all crammed into one.  And he'll be working all the while.  Ahmazing.  (orange you glad I didn't say incredible?)  Fifty. four. credit. hours.  In the next 365 days.  

And of course, since this is my blog and solely about me-ow I'll tell you how this directly effects me. 
...
...
K, I'm not really sure.  But I'll be damned if I don't have three meals a day served every single day of the next 365.  For some reason the only way I can think to contribute is with food.  And cleaned and ironed clothes.  (have I ever told you how much I luuurve to iron???)  Any other suggestions?  Should I be doing more?  Less (never)?
Me.  Pearls, yes.  Black turtleneck under blue polka dots, no.  Grey hair, kill me.  Pink napkin, Incredible wouldn't be caught dead.  Second degree burns due to chicken casserole steam, hope not.

9 comments:

  1. when manfriend was in the police academy w/ crazy hours and craploads of homework, i fed him (home cooked breakfast and dinner, packed his lunch for school), did his ironing, and kept the house clean for his study groups. luckily i was unemployed at the time, so i had lotsa time. now, he is on his own ;)
    i think anything you do to help will be very appreciated!
    54 credits in one year=amazingness. and black turtle neck under polka dot dress would be stylin'. i vote for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think feeding him is the single best thing you can do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. K's first year of law school I made him a lunch every evening for the next day...but that kind of fizzled. Dinner is good though. Although I don't know what I will do in June when we will both be in school. Probably a lot of make ahead meals that can be reheated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blog looks great! Go Mr. Incredible! I'm thinking food should cover it - usually does in my household anyway!
    Smiles,
    H

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is so great! My hubby is thinking about doing a similar deal....! What a good wifey you are being by supporting him with food!! ...and love, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't think of anything better than food. Oh and fluffing his pillow before he lays his tired head down to sleep every night. I love how the picture caption is "life can be wonderful" I know that serviing Mr. Chicken a home cooked dinner in a dress is my idea of a wonderful life. The best he gets out of me is something out of the "easy" cookbook served by me wearing my old t-shirts and boxer shorts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with Chicken...I'm still laughing at "Life can be wonderful".

    This is AH-MAZING. Good for Mr. I! I have never heard of such an accelerated program before, but then again, I also do not have super smarts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh mah gawd... I already feel sorry for him. And you. But I'm sure you'll be so glad when you're on the other side of it. GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed this post, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete