Monday, May 24, 2010

Your opinions counts

It has been absolutely beautiful weather here in the Blo these past couple days.  79, clear skies and sunny right now.

Yesterday I was driving with Mr Incredible and we passed someone's big yard with a clothesline.  Their clean laundry was blowing and swaying everything breathed summer.  I excitedly told Mr Incredible that I was excited about hanging a clothesline (it's been a year since we moved into our house!).  He got a 'are you crazy' smirk on his face which naturally made me immediately defensive.  "What, Mr Incredible, tell me why you think that is a terrible reason and convince my why using energy from our dryer is so much better."  He said that he thinks that clotheslines look WT.  I think they look romantic.

The whole sunny day clean cotton feeling quickly dissipated and left me deflated.

Romantic?  WT?  (think: Team Kiera)
created on: 06/30/08

11 comments:

  1. My clothesline is in our backyard. Sometimes when I drive by a house with clotheslines that are visible from the road I snicker....but only when I can see their unmentionables hanging and waving in the summer breeze...

    I don't think it WT....you are after all doing something for the greater good...and that's kinda romantic in itself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I had the same argument. I think they are eco-chic and just swell. I would only dry sheets and stuff, not unmentionables. He's not budging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I agree and disagree. Agree because putting your skivvies out for all to see is a little WT...but sheets and maybe even shirts might be alright, but only if it's in your backyard and people cant' see it all aflutter. I would never do it simply because I'd never remember to take it off. My laundry stays in the dryer for DAYS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Amanda as long as you keep the under garments inside you're cool. I don't think I could personally do this until the allergy season here passes since my clothes would then be infested with pollen and I'd never be able to breathe again, thus resulting in death.

    ReplyDelete
  5. kristin hangs them on the clothesline and she loves it! if hubby wants to do the laundry, he can throw it in the dryer. if not, its your call!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am Team Kiera. I proudly hang my stuff on a clothesline (caveat: my backyard is really, really private). Nothing like crisp white cotton sheets dried in the sun.

    And hey -- it worked for Little House on the Prairie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not a fan of clotheslines because 1) it seems like so much more work than tossing stuff in the dryer and I'm lazy 2) I don't like the way things dry...they tend to be too stiff for my liking...even with fabric softener.

    That said, I'm on Team Kiera...you do the laundry, you should have a clothesline if you want it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never used a clothesline but I wouldn't be against it. I may try it after we move. So team Kiera!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am 100% pro-clothesline. I have an 'umbrella type' but it holds about four loads and I hang everything out there, then just take it down and put it away when I'm done. NOTHING is nicer than sheets hung outside. Plus, its FREE.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Clarification: I take the CLOTHESLINE down and put it away when I'm done. I wasn't talking about the clothes. That's kind of a given.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Clotheslines are wonderful! There is nothing like falling asleep on a warm summer evening in between fresh cleans sheets that smell of sunshine!

    ReplyDelete