Saturday, January 23, 2010

Blog School


Important Note: I like all the blogs I read, or else I would not read them.

The more blogs I read, the more I realize that the blogosphere is high school. Some people loved high school. That's cool, that's weird. The high school-blog correlation is not necessarily a bad thing though, it's just interesting. note: I went to an all girls' school so I'm not talking boy drama. I hope there is no blog boy drama. ew.

I personally know the author's of each of the blogs I read because I went to high school with them. Start getting paranoid, kids. I know what your past consisted of and what your future holds. I wish I could either name names or name blogs, but I do not have the liberty to do that. Someone would get offended, I'm sure, although, frankly, that's just the way you are (or at least come across). No need to get mad at me.

What I am able to do, however, is tell you the pattern. There are always at least 3 groups. There are the cool skankies who party all together and shun everyone else. The leader of the group is decent, but doesn't care about anyone's feelings. But people still drool. Call. Text. Talk like. Act like. Try to joke like. No one's convinced or impressed about/by the others, but they're all still trying to be like Head Honcho. Head Honcho doesn't have a best friend, and if she does she puts her down frequently. And Head Honcho is very private in a weird way. Kind of unpredictable. Disciples of Head Honcho think they can hold their own when they talk and act like her. They fall flat.

Then there is the middle group. Where the disciples would be a heck of a lot cooler if they acted like and stayed in this group. The middle group is each their own person, but make for a dynamic group. However, they don't know each other too well, and feelings tend to get hurt easily. Someone always gets left out, forgotten, not given enough credit asldfkj asldkj asdlfkj. There are little cliques inside these groups, and one person can be involved in more than one clique at a time. Typically people from this group get along well with Head Honcho because they're just cool. Don't put much thought into anything, just act like themselves (probably because of the support system within their class).

Then of course, there are the bottom feeders. Some are bottom feeders because they just are, and some are because they're insecure and don't feel worthy of a higher position (these people are the Head Honcho of bottom feeder because they are generally very nice). First group and this group either know nothing of each other or are great friends (but of course this is kept private or else the class system would get all effed up).

Did you catch all of that?

So now here are the titles (place in appropriate class):
  • Smart Head Honcho
  • Smart, sexy, cool
  • Smart really cool because you hold your own
  • Smart wannabe
  • Not funny, in middle class
  • Ditsy funny, in middle class
  • In middle class because you have "connections"
  • Smart, funny, insecure, put other people down
  • Talk too much
  • Talk too much about relationships and babymamas/babydaddys
  • Mysterious
  • Smart but gets bad grades
  • Sporty
  • Sporty wannabe
  • Head Honcho's bff
  • Lowest class but awesome- deserve top class ranking
  • lowest class wannabe like LCA (low class awesome)
  • lowest class and eff all the rest of you
  • me
I have no idea where I fall in any of these categories. Edify me, readers and classmates alike. Where am I? Who am I?

omg omg omg I thought I was over this Identity Crisis.

14 comments:

  1. Personally, I hated high school. I was so happy to be out of there and I keep in touch with no one from HS. That being said...I completely agree with you that blog-land can be really cliquey. I try not to let it bother me and just do it because I think it is fun!

    Does that make sense? I don't know...basically, I just wanted to say I agree with you that it can be like HS...but unlike HS I don't let it get to me! Or at least try not to let it get to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it awful how many things end up being high school-like? I hated high school!

    ReplyDelete
  3. UGH... That's what it's like. HS. Yes, the blog world can be cliquey. I think I was in denial and didn't put the 2 together until you just said it. I'd like to think that I'm a pretty neutral blogger. I like all sorts of different blogs and don't cling on to certain ones.
    I hated HS with a passion b/c of stupid cliques.
    Who are you? If I had to chose one, I guess I'd say Smart really cool b/c you hold your own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think you're right...i've definitely noticed some cliques. it's really kind of disgusting. i'm not sure where i fall in your categories...probably "talks too much". i would say you are smart really cool because you hold your own.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Geez, I dunno. I never thought of it like that. I blog for the fun of it, for the community of it, for the creative expression of it. If I apply high school terms to it, I might stop blogging. I guess that what it is and your place in it is what you want it to be. Make it so (and try not to choose the skanks).

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, this blog has me totally lost!

    ReplyDelete
  7. (It's Jen Z, but it was easiest to post anonymous....gotta figure out the whole profile thing)

    Ya know, I was just thinking that I ought to go post on my "blog" that isn't a blog because I don't post......

    But now I'm scared.

    By the way, I would probably have fallen under 'mysterious', but I'm pretty sure the term used back then was "crazy." Which I think means I would have held any and all of the above titles at annoyingly unpredictable intervals....when and if I went to school.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is great and so accurate.
    I'm the leader bitch that people fear. But I'm also best dressed and most funny and smartest and most modest.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ^^^ MODG is cah-razy!

    I have an award for you Kiera!

    ReplyDelete
  10. And now I'm going to have to go over and read MODG because she just said "I'm the leader bitch that people fear...and most modest." Bwahaha...
    I didn't mind high school, but it definitely wasn't the MOST fun ever (not anything like college which, until I flunked out was a blast). My FB page is RIFE with high school friends and it's like HS all over again over there. With the same people. That's 23 different types of miserable. I try really hard not to be cliquey in the blog world because everyone has something to say. YOu just have to shut up long enough to hear it. If we had been in hs together, we totally would have ruled the school. But alas, I'm about a decade older than you and nowhere near Buffalo. Oh wells....we're here now. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ick I went to an all girl's school too, so I remember all of this well (sort of...it was a long time ago). I didn't do cliques back then, and I definitely dislike the idea of them in my 30's. I hate to think of the blogworld as cliquey, but I guess in a way it kind of can be. In which case, I would like to be considered the same purple haired weirdo with earrings in my face as I was in the 90's. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha..! I hated high school myself. I didn't care about clothes or make up or who was cool. I had friends from every group of kids. I never really jumped into any of the bandwagons--thank gawd! I wouldn't know where to classify you at all... (yet)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hated HS too... couldn't WAIT to get out of there. This post really made me think, though, where DID I fall in? I was smart-- borderline dorky smart, but I was blonde so that saved me. I was an athlete-- but not in a "cool" sport. I think I might have fallen into the "mysterious" but "with connections" category; middle class, perhaps?

    ~Elizabeth
    Confessions From A Working Mom

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good analogy. I hated high school though.

    ReplyDelete