Thursday, January 21, 2010

Not Just for Dancers, Indi Influenced or Spiritually Faltered/Inspired



Back we go to P90X.

I have never tried yoga before. I thought it was for people who are not physically able to run on a treadmill. I also thought that it was for people like Drew Barrymore- you know, soul searching, I guess would be the correct way to describe her. I also know that dance instructors swear by it. None of the above things are bad, in my opinion, they are just not me. Hence, I never had any interest in Yoga.

aux contrare.

Day 4 of P90X and Tony wants me to put the yoga dvd in. Ha. I put if off and put it off, because, Tony, I do not want a rest day, I want a workout. I want to be bopping around like a Jane Fonda with her pants on fire.
Finally Mr Incredible gives me an ultimatum (something along the lines of "this is your only opportunity all day to do this") So I put in the hour and a half dvd. I'm just about to throw in the towel and go to the gym when (during warm ups), what's that? Oh, a bead of sweat? All I've been doing is standing with my knees bent.

Fast forward to the end. Friends, I was sweating as if I had just ran on the treadmill for an hour and a half. Incredible. Unbelievable. It is actually a workout.

Anyways, I wish I had more to say about this. But I don't. And I also don't know how to get this massive pic of Drew any smaller. Probably because google is the most obnoxious billion trillion fillion dollar company around.

6 comments:

  1. And this is why I go to yoga 4 times a week. Screw a soul searching, I've been able to cut lifting weights almost entirely out of my workout because of it. And it actually GAVE ME AN ASS.

    Yoga rocks and is one of my favorite things of all time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, ha, yeah, aside from the ab workout, Mike said the yoga was the hardest for him on the dvd...and this is coming from a former gymnast! keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yoga is actually a great workout. I was in the best shape ever when I went to a few yoga classes every week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never done Yoga. I always thought it was for those soul searchers too, but I would like to try it. Pilates is awesome as weel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yoga has always intrigued me, in an "everyone who does it is so fit and lean, but I'll never do it" kind of way. I'll definitely have to try it!
    PS: re: your comment on my blog - NOT too long! Thanks for the tip- and the encouragement! You mean these pounds might actually come off? I definitely need to get my rear into gear. Rhyme not intended...

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Yoga X is no joke. I was so wobbly and out of control that 1st time. After that it gets better and better. I love it!

    ReplyDelete