Saturday, January 9, 2010

My IC Verdict

All last night and this morning as I was thinking about my "identity crisis."  I have two major points about it that if come to dicover:

  1. I'm not alone.  Think about this.  Do you know a celebrity that probably has not had an identity crisis?  To list a few:  Jewel.  What was her "Intuition" cd all about?  That was her IC at it's peak.  MJ.  No need for explanation.  Along with Lady Gaga, Ms Spears, Lindsay Lohan.  And if the celebrity lifestyle doesn't comfort you (me) because, well, I'm not a celebrity, then let's think reality tv.  The Biggest Loser- they've been morbidly obese their whole lives, are now relatively thin, famous and have 15 pounds of skin to figure out what to do with.  That, my friends, should be, if it is not, an IC.  The Real World is another good example.  After they've watched their lives unravel on television, I'm sure they've had a meltdown or 59.
  2. My Discovery in the past 16 hours: All of these things are my identity.  Who cares if I can't please everyone?  And who cares if I want to?  That's me.  (I also feel I should clarify that having 3 kids three and under is not and IC, per se, rather an Identity Atypicality.  I wouldn't have it any other way.)  So, my mom thinks I'm a little self centered.  That's probably nothing new to her.  And my bff is German and we already talk about our lives in great detail for hours at a time.  And as far as Mr Inc goes.  I always knew we didn't have the same sense of humor  ....... sorry boy, I had to do this- he laughs at fart jokes.  .....
So I'm a little quirky.  Take it or leave it, I'm going to try not to get headaches over this anymore.  I'm sure, however, this will come up a time or two again.  


Sorry I got a little philosophical on you.



8 comments:

  1. It will all become more clear as you get older. And you're right. Not worth the headache right now. Just enjoy each day as it comes without worrying about what it means.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as you are happy with who you are, then there is no crisis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok i am/was KIND of obsessed with Jewel in an unhealthy way for like 10 years. So I know about this cd. Apparently she did it as like a joke cd, like irony or some shit. Trying to make fun of others doing this sort of thing. It clearly did NOT work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had at least one IC per year until I got into my late 30's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. :D nice to know what you've discovered. I think as unhealthy as IC can be, it actually a way that helps us discover out true selves, did I say it right?

    I mean, oh well... life isn't always rainbows and butterflies, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to want to be all sorts of different things besides myself, but I learned that it was way too hard. I give up. I'm me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm still trying to figure out myself & what I am meant to do...right now I am a Mommy and that's enough for me I guess. But what I will do when she goes off to school...I HAVE NO IDEA!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Growing up I've always wanted to be a SAHM. Never a doctor or a teacher, just a "Mommy with a house and a car with keys". That was my saying when I was little. So far I still believe that is who I really am and was meant to be.

    ReplyDelete