Wednesday, January 6, 2010

It's My Control Freakish Nature at It's Peak of Testing Me.

I am the type of mother who would be able to lift up and 18 wheeler with my pinky if it was on my kids.  I would do anything for my kids, not necessarily to make them "happy," but to keep them safe, loved and confident.  I sometimes feel like a great mom.  


That being said.  I lose my shit when babies cry.  3 year old crying is fine.  A little comfort and soothing goes a long way.  22 month cries are fine too, just a little bit of "well, you can't have it now, but DEFINITELY within in the next ten years you can have it, okayyyyy?" goes a long way too.  But 3 month old wails.  I cannot do anything to make your gas go away and it makes me exponentially sad.  And my "mature" way of being sad is to get crazy.  aka I beat my chest and say "LORD PLEASE DO SOMETHING.  LORD HELP ME.  LORD HELP MY BABBBBBY."  And that is the 3 year old cue to say, "why does Lloyd need to help you?"


So, there you have it.  That's the sort of morning I'm having.  Mr Incredible def thinks I'm Mrs Unincredible when I lose my shit.  And when I say I lose it, I mean.  I. lose. it.  Asylum material.  Pacing through the house, picking up things and putting them down over and over.  Telling Mr Incredible that she is crying because he didn't empty his gym bag.
287/365 - Holiday Stress by Think Tunk.
this is what I look like when I lose it.  Facial hair and all.

9 comments:

  1. LOL! I know what you mean!!! Is your three month old from October? My baby is three months as well! I lose it too when she is screaming-crying and I don't know what's wrong with her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, if it makes you feel any better, I think this is the result of us having alot of young kids, close in age, with us still being kinda young ourselves. i can't believe sometimes i am going to be the mother of 4 in a few months when the 3 toddlers/babies I do have make me feel like I'm losing my mind. I have turned into THAT yeller kind of mom and I don't like it. But I keep saying to myself, I will get better at this, I will grow in patience and prudence...one of these days. And then I hit up the confessional alot too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is NOT a good look for you. Put down the brownie and step away. I have no advice. The only kind of crying I've dealt with lately is when LuLu (who I thought couldn't meow until I heard her one day...when she was about 6) was crying at the bedroom door last night. At 2 am. But I just came out, made sure she her sister wasn't stuck in a closet, and went back to bed. Hmm. Good luck with that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That newborn cry is so hard....because you just hold the baby, and ride it out. There's nothing you can do, and you hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Lucy had colic, reflux and the start of teething all at the same time so I totally understand feeling overwhelmed. Its so hard anytime a tiny baby is crying and nothing seems to work. You aren't alone in feeling like that. And if its any consolation, this stage won't last forever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh colic is an old friend of ours around this house. My second had it crazy (like til she was 10 months) and now this one is fussy. Sometimes more than others.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have so been there. It is not easy, but you eventually get through it. That picture is hilarious. He is pounding that brownie like his very life depends on it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. No one can possibly lose thier shit as hilariously as you write about it... Hang in there cousin and keep on bloggin'!

    ReplyDelete